Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Power Of Three

FADE IN:

Stole this one from Coyote Underground Do it if ya wanna...

Three things that scare me:

1 celebrity fantacism in the media (ala Paris, Anna Nicole obsession)
2 The American Idolization and Game Show rape of the television landscape
3 impotence

Three people who make me laugh:

1 Robin Williams
2 movie critics as an entity
3 a handful of wiseass bloggers from my blog roll who give me a run for my money

Three Things I love:

1 caramel apple martinis
2 writing spec screenplays
3 my partner in life crime, Lisa

Three Things I hate:

1 second guessing/conclusion jumping (the worst Olympic sports IMHO)
2 humidity
3 raspberries

Three things I don't understand:

1 organized religion
2 red state/blue state battle politics
3 making celebrities out of normally regular people with media saturation

Three things on my desk:

1 Hollywood Creative Directory
2 self-made screenwriting tips index cards (along with curent logline of my spec)
3 Tweety Bird keychain

Three things I'm doing right now:

1 killing time before Dale Earnhardt Jr. announces the team he is switching to
2 browsing new releases on Napster streaming radio to see what to hear today
3 chatting with my Dad on Yahoo IM

Three things I want to do before I die:

1 write "screenwriter" as my job on my IRS tax form
2 cross country road trip hitting the cities I have never been to before
3 get my weight down to under 200

Three things I can do:

1 Write smooth flowing dialogue and descriptive action sequences
2 see dead people... nah, not really, but I have a knack for identifying celebrities by their voices
3 listen well

Three ways to describe my personality:

1 jovial
2 quixotic
3 wisenheimer

Three things I can't do:

1 swim
2 skate
3 stop tinkering with my scripts

Three actors you enjoy immensely

1. Al Pacino
2. Sean Penn
3. ------------- (it changes daily) today it's George Clooney

Three things you regret

1. not starting my writing career earlier, like 10 years earlier
2. not branching into other products on ebay so I'd have a transition phase and not get stuck with something that isn't selling anymore, hence my day job sucks now
3. spending all that money entering screenplay contests

Three favourite movies

1. The Graduate
2. Ocean's 11 (first remake)
3. Jaws

Three favourite screenplays

1. Fabulous Baker Boys
2. Rocky
3. Alien

Fade Out